Twitter has been facing few criticisms in the last few months and there are lots of things surrounding this issue. The number of users in Twitter has seen a low when compared to other social media platforms including Facebook. There is also a slow user growth in Twitter as the audience expansion has been reducing than the expectations on the platform. The following are few important problems that must be addressed on Twitter to make it more effective to all.
1. Data control- Twitter has no control over the data share where as other social media platforms have their own restrictions. The content shared on Twitter is easily visible for all the people, but other social media platforms have restricted public view. Twitter is used by various people to share content on real-time all over the world and even address the issues. The social media giant also has proper ways to monetize its audience and the new user growth and the time spent has been the major concern. To solve this problem Twitter can access more insights and they can also use the same to manipulate the data to find the right signals. They can also offer their own search tool based on monitoring and tracking to solve this problem.
2. Prevent spam- The most important drawback faced by Twitter is it has become a place for spam. It has become a very common problem in Twitter where users just send a tweet with a spam message. You can also see the tweets related to a hashtag there will be spam messages attached to it. But Twitter has introduced the feature Moments where it can display its content without any junk. The users will be able to see most relevant and real-time tweets using the Moments feature. This is one of the best options that can be used to deal with spam messages. Twitter is capable to develop its own algorithm related to its on-platform activities and build a most focused recommendation reach the right type of tweet content.
3. Twitter user growth- This has been giving lot of problems for Twitter as the user growth has been reducing in the last few months. Twitter has been facing a tough competition with other similar social platforms to increase its user growth. There are few ways that can be followed by Twitter to deal with this problem. One important step is to link Periscope with Twitter as you can only see Periscope content on Twitter feeds at present. Periscope has been getting more audience and the user growth is also been increasing simultaneously. The tweet length is also been increased from 140 character in Twitter which is really an important step in attracting more users on this social media platform. Twitter is also making improvement in providing great customer service for its users. There are lot of new features introduced by Twitter to increase its user growth which includes emoji and GIF search.
Twitter has been introducing new features every month, but some of them have not been reached the wider audience. There are few things that can be used very easily even though they have not been realized by many Twitter users. Here are four of such features that were introduced by Twitter a year ago that have received well by the people.
1. Event targeting- The events have been very popular among the digital marketer as they are related to on-page actions as well as engagements. This feature helps the users to target some of the people who have shown interest in the events. Twitter features event calendar that includes some of the most important global events related to various categories such as sports, festivals, music, etc. The events can be explored in advance by looking at the according to campaigns month wise.
2. Ads editor- The ads editor was introduced by Twitter to keep the campaign management very simple and it is completely different from AdWords if you have want to use it. This features is available with bulk uploading function in its own interface which is not found it other editors. It is possible to download Excel file along with the campaigns and make changes for re-uploading it again. You can also make multiple changes which will make the multiple campaigns easier and also save time.
3. New bidding opportunities- Twitter also introduced new cost per bidding opportunities that were based on a particular objective such as cost per install and optimized action bidding. Both these features will make the advertisers to pay just for their actions which have been aligned with its objectives. Cost per click has been seen from a long time by people as it helped the advertisers to easily bid on the app clicks. The cost per install and optimized action bidding will help the advertisers to specially bid on the app installed.
4. Twitter audience platform or Twitter publisher network- Most of the people who are new to Twitter will have lot of confusion about these two features. But these two features are same as the Twitter publisher network was renamed as Twitter audience platform a year ago. Twitter Audience Platform is capable of combining 2 new objectives which will be useful for the advertisers to extend Promoted Video as well as Tweet engagement campaigns in this feature. The Twitter also changed name of its other features such as promoted tweets into ad formats and customizable CTA buttons were introduced. All the Twitter users will be able to retweet and also favorite their tweets directly with the help of Twitter audience platform ad.
Twitter has been making new announcements from a long time and some of the features have been very popular among most of the users. The mobile app introduced by Twitter a year ago for both iOs and Android version mobile devices have been used by most of the Twitter users in their mobile.